This is the beginning of a landmark shift in the way commercials are distributed, viewed, and ultimately priced,
I'll get back to you with more information on the subject...sufficed to say, it's rather crude and elementary right now and I guess, banks on consumers actually seeking out commercials ala their V.O.D. services.
There are several impediments:
1) penetration/adoption of functionality
2) behavioral shift i.e. getting people to change the way they watch TV
3) will people (given the choice) watch ads? D'uh
4) Inventory issues - if I'm seeking a Jaguar ad, will it be there?
5) Priceing - are we talking cost per view here? Is this the genesis of performance-based brand advertising?