On Wednesday, November 8, I launched an initiative called "Use New Marketing to Prove New Marketing" (or henceforth, UNM2PNM)
In short, I'm giving away a free copy of my book, Life after the 30-second spot to any business/marketing blogger or podcasters who agrees to review my book. No strings attached. At the end of every week, I will summarize that week's activities and provide an update. The post will take the form of just one line which will link to the extended post, where it will carry on. This way, if you're not interested in the update, it won't take up too much of your screen time :)
Progress report as of Friday, November 11th:
- Posted on Jaffe Juice, 11/9
- Picked up by the following blogs: Micro Persuasion, Half Arsed Bluster
- Requests from the following blogs (status: books sent out): EchoDitto, Strategic Public Relations, OK Dork, PSFK, Planning from the outside, My Name is Kate, Tobi Elkin
- Requests (books not yet sent out): Ben Hamilton, The Vat, Adverblog, Simon Cox, Pop-PR
- Already reviewed:Chase Market Velocity, Two cents on marketing, Ad Jab, Dave Morgan
- Review in progress: Internet marketing quickies
- Advice given: Aimee who pointed me towards this week's Adweek poll,, where my book is leading voting of named books to be the next "Confessions of an Advertising Man" by David Ogilvy. WOW!; Creative Commons from Charles Dostale; My Personal Brilliance from Don the Idea Guy
Summary: I'm pleased with the progress so far...good interest to start off with and really no push back. Support from the blogosphere publishers has been minimal, but I think this is more due to a lack of awareness and busy schedules. I'll do a bit of outreach next week to gauge (why can I never spell this word correctly the first time round...it's like feul) interest. Also keen on seeing some pickup from the podosphere...I've e-mailed Adam Curry an audio promo and spoken with Cameron Reilly. Also, hoping to get some love from my peeps at M Show and American Copywriter.
Advisory: On the road for pretty much the next 3 weeks, but will try and get books out in as timely a fashion as possible.