My new BFF, Julian Cole, down under in Australia got my attention twice recently with his 12 Historical Social Media (Marketing) Moments and also his personalized response to the NAB kerfuffle.
In his top 12, you'll notice that another Kerfuffle (the Curry one) is recognized, thereby propelling me into eternal social media infamy.
- Amazon Review Section May 15th 1997*
- Friendster March 22 2002
- Technorati 20th November 2002
- Mysace Fox Interactive Media pays $580 million for Myspace July 16th 2005
- The first viral Youtube clip - Evolution of Dance April 06 2006
- Jaffe Juice holds Curry to ransom September 7th 2006
- Transmedia Planning: Idea Propagation October 3rd 2006
- Dove Evolution Viral wins Cannes Ocotber 7th 2006
- The first flog:Fake McDonalds Monopoly winners blog October 31st 2006
- Dell Ideastorm launches February 16th 2007
- The Age of Conversation March 22nd 2007
- Power 150 ranking moves to Ad Age August 7th 2007
What would you add/subtract from your top 12 historical moments?
In the other example, Julian impresses me by walking his talk (kinda like I did with Delta Skelter) and gives Aussie bank, NAB, a taste of their own medicine, following the bank's futile and systematic commercial comment spamming exercise. Read more here and watch the video here: