In this episode, I debate whether Barnes & Noble's promotion and distribution strategy for their e-Reader - the Nook - was the best OR worst EVER.
Whilst I'm not sure about the limited supply portion, the in-store promotion via pop-up retail kiosks was sheer genius.
...and I did purchase Nook's for all the crayon employees, so I guess something's working.
Spread the word:
- Share JJTV with Jeff Bezos, your clients, co-workers, colleagues, friends and family
- Tweet or RT the crap out of this: New JJTV - was the Nook's Promotional and Distribution Strategy the best or worst EVER???!!! - http://bit.ly/7dFBRQ
- Subscribe to the show via iTunes or YouTube
- Leave a video response
Thank you to HP for sponsoring this show. In addition to their Employee Purchase Program (see below), you can also participate in their very worthy Create Change program. In a nutshell, for every purchase you make at the Direct Store, HP will donate 4% of the total product purchase to support a range of charities in the areas of conservation, education, enrichment systems, healthcare support, disaster recovery and the battle to fight poverty. These charities include: WWF, Junior Achievement, American Red Cross, CARE, Susan G. Komen, Make-A-Wish Foundation®, and DonorsChoose.org
You're invited to participate in HP's Employee Purchase Program (EPP) for friends 'n family discounts on the full portfolio of HP and Compaq consumer products. Here's what you need to do:
- Visit www.hpshopping.com/employee/jaffejuicetv and register to join the program
- You'll need to enter in EPP company code: 3807
- You'll receive additional exclusive offers if you sign up for the Monthly EPP newsletter