The world is paying attention. The world is listening. Hopefully the world is learning too. Mother Earth is not happy.
Thankfully the world is responding as well with incredible empathy, volunteerism and contributions.
As you may recall, about a year ago I "auctioned" myself off for a Keynote presentation in exchange for a minimum bid of $10,000. 100% of the proceeds would go to the Red Cross to help with Haiti Earthquake relief. I actually ended up getting two very generous companies (Mars and Nascom) to step up and was able to send $20,000 to the Red Cross.
This time I want to step it up and thought I'd do it in association with #sxswcares (started by CauseVox's Rob Wu, Leigh Durst, Jess Lin and Deb Ng in association with the SxSW organizers).
So here are the details:
- I'm "auctioning" off two presentations.
- Update: Happy to inform that the first is already gone
- The price is USD $15,000 for a Jaffe Keynote (my speaking page is here)
- The minimum offer is $15,000, but of course you can give more.
- 100% of the proceeds will go to Red Cross via SxSW.
- I also have several Platinum and Gold passes to next year's festival to give away (Platinum to the higher bidder of the two and Gold to the lower)
- The only small print (if at all) is that travel expenses are over and above and in accordance with my usual terms and conditions (inquire within)
I also call on other book authors, public speakers and consultants to follow suit and join the #keynoteforacause movement. Perhaps $15,000 is too rich for your (tiger) blood. Perhaps it's a fraction of what you normally charge, but every little bit counts.
Our thoughts, prayers and wishes are firmly with the people of Japan during their time of need.